The name says it all, learn how to do the simplest of all of the Tunisian crochet stitches… the Tunisian Simple Stitch!
Once you made your foundation row, the simplest of the Tunisian crochet stitches is the Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS). Some of the other Tunisian crochet stitches use the Simple Stitch as its base. The loop that is on your hook counts as a stitch. No work will be done to the vertical bar that is underneath that loop. If you do, it will undo your work. And no one wants that!
To crochet the Tunisian Simple Stitch or TSS,
- In the next vertical bar, insert your hook.
- Yarn over your hook and pull through the vertical bar.
- The loop that was just created is left on your hook.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 5 until the end of the row.
- In the chain 1 that was made from the previous row, insert your hook under both of the loops from the chain.
- Yarn over your hook and pull through the chain.
- Chain 1
- Wrap the yarn around your hook once.
- Pull through the first two loops that are on your hook.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you are left with one loop on your hook.
Repeat the forward pass and return pass steps for as many rows as needed.